• 1 Vote(s) - 5 Average
Mob Spawns
Bug 
Hello Hello

1 or 2 weeks ago I joined the server and have a total playtime of over 2 days now.
It's a really fun server, and has a cool playerbase and all.
The only thing that bothers me, and some other players too, are the rates of wich mobs spawn.

It is near impossible to get wither skelletons to spawn (not saying it is, but it's very very rare) in the fortresses. Also ghasts are sort of a problem to get.
Other mobs spawn fairly okay, but it's still not as it should be wich takes away a little bit of the fun of building farms, gathering resources etc.

Is there a possible fix for this problem, or if there is not, why not?

Have a good day

T_E_S

EDIT; I built this mobfarm, it has 10 levels with a light level of 0 and lit up some caves and it spawns nothing.. Wink
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ayUb9cZ-KrA

Possible fix
I'm glad to hear I'm not the only one experiencing this issue. I've built a few small farms for cows and sheep and have noticed that most of the time if I breed them, nothing happens. They drop exp globes, but no baby is produced. Annoying for obvious reasons (took me ages to get enough leather to make bookshelves).

Also pretty annoying when I get a scroll asking me to kill 50 skeletons and can't even find 1 in the surrounding 500 blocks of pitch black wilderness. Would really be great if this could be fixed. I would like to build some bigger farms eventually but don't want to put the time in if MOBs don't even spawn.
(09-06-2018, 01:16 PM)T_E_S Wrote: Hello Hello

1 or 2 weeks ago I joined the server and have a total playtime of over 2 days now.
It's a really fun server, and has a cool playerbase and all.
The only thing that bothers me, and some other players too, are the rates of wich mobs spawn.

It is near impossible to get wither skelletons to spawn (not saying it is, but it's very very rare) in the fortresses. Also ghasts are sort of a problem to get.
Other mobs spawn fairly okay, but it's still not as it should be wich takes away a little bit of the fun of building farms, gathering resources etc.

Is there a possible fix for this problem, or if there is not, why not?

Have a good day

T_E_S

EDIT; I built this mobfarm, it has 10 levels with a light level of 0 and lit up some caves and it spawns nothing.. Wink

Tes,
Because the server's host is spigot, mobspawns are not vanilla. From what I've been told by arm3dwithwings, the server's GLOBAL mobcap is 70. Which means instead of you alone having 70 mob spawns, the entire server gets an equal share of those mob spawns. Example: If 10 people are online, you each get 7 mobs. The reason spigot does this is to greatly reduce server lag. There may be a way to manually change the global mob cap, but doing so would greatly increase lag unless the owner spent a lot of money beefing up the server.
Hope this helps
Labarbeque